cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

460-G2 10gig vim won't run 1gig??

460-G2 10gig vim won't run 1gig??

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
We just completed an install of 460-G2s mostly the 10g version. On multipule switches we found we were not able to get 1gig links to come up on the 10gig vim modules.

We are running code summitX-15.6.2.12-patch1-1.xos

The intent was to bring the stacks up at 10g on LRM optics which is why we have the vims. As we have seen before with older fiber even LRMs and Modals would not get the links to come up at 10g. It was when we tried to fail back to 1gig that we discovered the problem.

We do have 1 switch running two 1gig links off the vim but we have 3 or 4 switches that would not bring up the 1gig link unless we moved the optics to the front ports.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I am about out of testing options. I have downgraded both my test switches to 15.6.2.12 the VIMs are the same revision as the ones in production. The only difference left is that one of the switches I am testing with is the 1gig version and mine are both rev4 apposed to the rev6s in production.

EDC update:

We did were informed that EDC is not turned on an off but its configuration is changed depending on the optic that is inserted in the port.

I got a little busy and forgot to update this.

I pulled out a 2nd X460g2 put the vim card in and tried to bring up a 1gig link with no success. I tried various sfp+ and that did not make a difference.

We unplugged 2 of the 460s we were testing with and swapped their VIM cards, in the hopes that the problem with follow the card or stay with the switch. Unfortunately the problem was resolved. We moved the VIMs back to there original switches and still everything brought up the 1gig links without fail.

I have re-seated the VIMs a second time and everything still works "in the lab"

Testing will continue when I get more time.

We got side tracked testing the functionality of LRM optics. We are waiting to hear if the EDC that takes place in the PHY gets switched on and off depending on the optic detected by the switch.

Thanks for looking into this. I will definitely open a case if I am able to reproduce the failure of the 1gig link.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
David, all of my X460G2s have been tied up and I haven't been able to test this yet. That said, it sounds like you've done a lot of testing on your own.
It's probably best to open a case with GTAC so this can be properly investigated.
GTM-P2G8KFN