cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid input detected at '^' marker. when portforwarding

Invalid input detected at '^' marker. when portforwarding

Dennis_Christen
New Contributor

I am new to setting up a network, so this might be a newbe issue.

I have created a new vlan, and would like to enable portforwarding, but when I try to forward:
enable ipforwarding vlan v10

I get an error:
%% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

The marker is underneath the "f" character.

I have followed this guide:
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083610

I am using the console input.

We have a Cisco ME3400-2CS with 5 IPs, connected to the summit x350-48t switch. We would like to forward all trafic from one of the IPs to our server, which is on the before created vlan.

Best regards
Dennis

5 REPLIES 5

Dennis_Christen
New Contributor
I am trying to setup a network where I have a server which needs to be reachable from outside. Then I have a office network, containing a wifi router and some PCs connected through the switch.

I would like if I could (forward) one or more of my static IP to the server. And create a vlan of the office PC, and the two vlans server and office should be reachable from one another.

Again this is my first time trying to setup a more complex system than my home network. I am a software developer with decent *unix experience, but this i a bit out of my reach.

It seems that all the guides I've found involves ipforwarding.

Thanks!

Hi Dennis Shoot What you're describing is ipforwarding (or routing) and isn't supported on the x350. The x350 was designed as a purely later 2 switch, with an IP address on it for management. I'm sorry

BradP
Extreme Employee
Hi Dennis,

Can you tell me more? I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do.

Thanks
Brad

Dennis_Christen
New Contributor
Oh thanks!

Do you have en idea how I can delegate delegate trafic from one of my IPs to a vlan without forwarding, or isn't it possible?

Thanks again!
GTM-P2G8KFN