cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Schedule a run diagnostics (XOS 460 model)

Future Schedule a run diagnostics (XOS 460 model)

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Hello,

It's handy with XOS that you can schedule a reboot of a stack to happen at a certain date/time in the future. Say after hours on a certain date.

Is there a way to do this for running diagnostics?

Say you don't want to run during production hours but you'd like to schedule diags to run on a slot after hours

(run diag extdended slot 2 (and say a time))

I'm not aware of an option but figured I'd check.
And if there's not an option would it be possible to create the option in the future?

Thanks,
Sarah

4 REPLIES 4

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Sarah,

i think you are able if you are run diagnostic scheduled via a Netsight Script (or any other Tools which support running a script on a specific time).

The other huge disadvantage is that run diagnostic is only support on a single switch - not on a stack!

I have currently the same problem that several times it would be handy to see the results of "run diagnostic" but was not able to do this because switch are part of a stack.

I hope Extreme will provide this in the near future!

Regards

M_Nees
Contributor III
run diagnostic is possible within a stack - i currently clarify this during a GTAC case.
(manuals are obsolete / incorrect)

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Thank you

Tyler_Edwards
Extreme Employee
Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately, there is not an option in EXOS to schedule diagnostics via the CLI.

I thought this might be possible with a upm profile/timer, but diagnostics did not run when I tested this in our lab (the script ran, but when it prompts you to make sure you want to run diagnostics the default response is 'No').

Regards,
Tyler
GTM-P2G8KFN