cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Query regarding power Tx , Transmission Power

A Query regarding power Tx , Transmission Power

cforrest
New Contributor

As some of our AP's are left to to dynamically adjust power from ACSP and reflect power 8, I have changed a few to a lower tx Power as they did not lower , however I have noted something else , within the AP interface configuration. When setting the MAx power should you also check > Enable client transmission power control (802.11h) and what is the outcome of this as you can choose Auto or Manual

7 REPLIES 7

cforrest
New Contributor

I have just sent you some screenshots, I am a little confused

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The option Enable Client Transmission Power Control (802.11h) lets the AP control the transmit power of connected clients by sending a management frame with a power constraint element. This will tell the client device the max power level it can use to transmit signal. This is used to help mitigate co-channel interference. If you select Auto, this will automatically adjust the clients transmission power based on background scans. If you select Manual, you can manually choose the max transmission power of clients connecting to your network.

You can read more about this feature here, in the Configure an AP Wireless Interface section: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/devices/configuring-interface-settings.htm?Highlight=Enable%20client%20transmission%20power%20control

Is that what you were asking? Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

cforrest
New Contributor

If it is set from a policy template will it simply inherit it ? or if you change for example the Tx power on a particular AP, this will override the policy and hence is this why it does not show

GTM-P2G8KFN