cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with APs not responding

Problem with APs not responding

rsuarez
New Contributor

I am having trouble with 3 APs that all have a similar serial number. when I plug them in the the go through the boot up process fine but after they have been booted up for a few seconds the status light goes turns off. After 30 sec is blinks white then turns off again. I have other APs with similar serial numbers and they all work fine it its only these 3 APs.

3 REPLIES 3

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Robert,

If they've been added inton the HiveManager but have not shown as being online, I'd go through the following guide to ensure there is a CAPWAP connection: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-Guide-for-HiveManager-NG

Additionally, it would be good to double check if the APs are marked as unmanaged as this can also cause them to "show offline"

rsuarez
New Contributor
Good afternoon,

Thanks for replying so quickly. My problem is that I also can’t make any changes to the APs. I can add them to my hive and they show up but always show up as down even though I know they are on.

Robert Suarez
Network Technician
2886 FM 1735 | PO Box 1307
Mount Pleasant, TX 75455
Ph: 903.434.8261 | rsuarez@ntcc.edu
[necc_logo]

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That is expected behavior, the LED typically remains off most of the time to extend it's life. After a complete reboot, the LED should stay on for 24 hours, then revert to flashing for 4 seconds every 60 seconds, but otherwise remain off.

GTM-P2G8KFN