cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerohive 120 WiFi setup error

Aerohive 120 WiFi setup error

connor1
New Contributor

I am new to the Aerohive family of devices however i have recently purchased a Aerohive AP120 and I i have tried to configure a WiFi network but i am trying to update the device and i get this error when i hover over the "Device update failed" it says "The CLI save dhcp-fingerprint option55 ... caused by Unknown error" does anyone know how i would fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

It appears DNS and capwap are functioning properly. Just to be certain, a "capwap ping cloud-ie-cws-1.aerohive.com" is also successful?

connor1
New Contributor

Yes the firewall is behind a router and when i run "sh run | i capwap" this is printed "capwap client server name cloud-ie-cws-1.aerohive.com" and when i run "capwap ping cloud-va-cws-0.aerohive.com" the ping runs successfully and data is revived.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Is there a firewall between the AP and HIveManager? Are you using HiveManager online or on-prem? Are you able to ssh or console into the AP? If so, run "sh run | i capwap" this should output some text:

capwap client server name cloud-va-cws-0.aerohive.com 

Are you able to perform a capwap ping? ...

capwap ping cloud-va-cws-0.aerohive.com 

connor1
New Contributor

How would i go about doing this? Like i said i'm very new.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Do you have a dhcp option 55 in the config? Have tried removing it to see if you can push?

GTM-P2G8KFN