Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerohive AP230 Help

Aerohive AP230 Help

tl123
New Contributor

Hi All,

Looking for some help or advice on where to look for an issue with aerohive ap 230 when we update the firmware to 8.2r6 -_-

So when we update our AP230 to this firmware our wireless network $hits itself our download speed drops from 100mps to 1mps , devices also fail to connect to the aps and then when they do they drop in and out 😕 if we go back a firmware update HiveOS 6.5r10.205308 it is all well the moment we update to firmware above the ap's die ??How do we go about resolving this also any one here work for aerohive ? what analytics do need to capture or setting do need to enable to capture aerohive ap logs So also is there away of skipping this firmware version or does the updates have to be done- ( thinking a head to move to extremes networking portal

Cheers T

4 REPLIES 4

steverosenquist
New Contributor II

Not sure if related but check out the following as a few good options around troubleshooting and turning on verbose debug via the CLI.: 

https://community.extremenetworks.com/t5/aerohive-migrated-content/ap230-signal-problem/m-p/77156 

I have seen this behavior in the past when certain firmware just does not work and either have to roll back or check back for an updated version containing fix.

You can select specific versions from within Extreme Cloud IQ - by selecting the device - selecting device update -

Upgrade IQ Engine and Extreme Network Switch Images
  • Upgrade to the latest version (xxxxx)
  • Upgrade to the specific version

Hope this information helps - Good luck

Steve R.

tl123
New Contributor

Some interesting thoughts here  ill have to look them up the main issue I have is when we update our ap230s to version 8.xxxx which is the only version we can get up to with hive mangers the aps $hit themselves and the QOS is horrid just wondering what would cause this  

tcarrington
New Contributor III

I'm not suggesting this as a first step, but maybe to just put in your head that there's a planF!

I had success with running Solarwinds TFTP server and I think then puTTy into the AP and have it update firmware from an image I added to the TFTP server. 
This was when using the web portal updater was just not working on a few AP120s.
Again, certainly try normal methods first etc, but if the normal methods require you to install that HiveOS version before updating further, maybe the direct-in /puTTY/TFTP server way could help you. 
IIRC, Sam P said the puTTY part may need an Aerohive technician special login or something....which might have been a brick wall for me, but luckily that wasn't needed for my APs

mwilliams2
New Contributor II

Not sure if its the same on the Physical controllers as the cloud version but when updating AP's in the cloud hive it allows you to select a checkbox that lets you choose the firmware version you apply to individual AP's.  I have not experienced any issues with skipping firmware versions and/or jumping to the latest release.  I also have multiple versions of the Firmware running on different AP's as we only perform updates when there are no client connections on an AP.

GTM-P2G8KFN