cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AeroHive NooB Primer?

AeroHive NooB Primer?

Chris22
New Contributor

Hi. We're a Hospitality Tech company. Increasingly, many of our PoS installs...involve hand-held, wireless iPads. As such...we're searching for a "Enterprise" solution, we can offer those clients.

I'm a wired-network "medium"; wireless is pretty new to me. I work with a contractor, who is strong at wired; but still feeling-out wireless. He's worked with Meraki, and while he said he finds it pretty easy to set-up...I'm looking for an alternative; because my opinion, is while it might be quite good...it's also a bit expensive (because it's Cisco, right).

He and I, were able to start a project together...and we tried Ubiquiti. While I liked the APs; he was in charge, of setting-up the router...and we found it, not to be the easiest thing in the world. We never got to finish that project; so I can't really say, for sure...how Ubiquiti would or would not have fared. But we have a new project...and this time around, I want to give AeroHive a whirl.

It's a restaurant/bar...and we'll need to account for (6) walk-around, wireless iPads; that will be running a cloud-based PoS (in addition, to (3) hard-wired Pads). So...I kinda need to know, what's the "starter kit" for AH? Start with router; and what I need, to manage it remotely. Etc.

TIA

9 REPLIES 9

Chris22
New Contributor

So...I'm waiting to follow-up; about the "right" AH Router, for my project.

I think I'm going to stick, with different APs for the time being though (unless anyone can convince me, that's a bad idea...for some reason). Ubiquiti IWs, for inside the restaurant/bar; and they want outdoor coverage too.

I was thinking about these https://www.amazon.com/EnGenius-high-powered-directional-long-range-EnStation5/dp/B00QMUY008?th=1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Of course, please let me know if they are able to help you, I want to make sure you get to the right people.

Chris22
New Contributor

Sam...I might have had a different number. I'll try that. Thanks

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You called 866.918.9918 and they told you to post on the community?

GTM-P2G8KFN