cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Devices Not Connecting Successfully to Guest Network via CWP

Android Devices Not Connecting Successfully to Guest Network via CWP

ggriffin
New Contributor

I have a guest network on our Aerohive infrastructure, and I'm starting to notice that Android based devices are having a hard time connecting. And sometimes it's sporadic. Here is a screenshot from a device that couldn't connect. All other devices seem to be functioning just fine.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a new protocol in use with most major browsers called HSTS, this allows websites to require connections via HTTPS. Unfortunately we currently use HTTP for CWP, and the address scheme we use by default (1.1.1.1 or something similar) is no longer available. We will have a work around in place by default in future HiveOS releases, but in the mean time we can manually change the network settings in the CWP to use an IP scope that is not 1.1.1.1, any internal IP scope not already in use in your network will be fine. Ultimately, the connection getting refused is due to either a security issue (HSTS related), or because the 1.1.x.x address we are trying to get to is no longer available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

In HiveManager Classic you can set the network settings by going to Configuration> Open the Network Policy> Open the CWP object> Expand Optional Advanced Configuration> Uncheck the box next to "Use Default Network Settings", which will then display four fields for you to enter in a new address scope (you do want to fill out all four). Hope that helps!

oswaldo_rodrigu
New Contributor

Sam Pirok, how can I change the network settings in the CWP to use an IP scope that is not 1.1.1.1. I managed to do that change in HiveManager NG but not in old HiveManager. Pls help. Thanks

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a new protocol in use with most major browsers called HSTS, this allows websites to require connections via HTTPS. Unfortunately we currently use HTTP for CWP, and the address scheme we use by default (1.1.1.1 or something similar) is no longer available. We will have a work around in place by default in future HiveOS releases, but in the mean time we can manually change the network settings in the CWP to use an IP scope that is not 1.1.1.1, any internal IP scope not already in use in your network will be fine. Ultimately, the connection getting refused is due to either a security issue (HSTS related), or because the 1.1.x.x address we are trying to get to is no longer available.

GTM-P2G8KFN