cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else see their aps in NG deauthing devices every 10 minutes on the dot?

Anyone else see their aps in NG deauthing devices every 10 minutes on the dot?

jfee
New Contributor II

I am in the process of moving some AP's from HM Classic and some from NG on-prem to our NG Cloud controller. All of my ap's are disconnecting all clients and reconnecting them every 10 minutes on the dot. Per the device stats it looks like the ap goes down for 10 minutes at a time but this is not accurate. It only drops the clients for a couple of milliseconds. I am posting some screen shots of my ap stats and some logs from a linux device showing the deauth. The devices do not exhibit this behavior in NG on prem or in our classic controller. I have tried adjusting background scanning and Private PSK Server Auto-Save Interval settings with no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jfee
New Contributor II

Just to update everyone. It was not background scanning. We had a Classic on Prem manager running as we migrated to NG. As soon as we ACL off the new aps from seeing the old manager the 10 minute issue went away.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jfee
New Contributor II

Just to update everyone. It was not background scanning. We had a Classic on Prem manager running as we migrated to NG. As soon as we ACL off the new aps from seeing the old manager the 10 minute issue went away.

jfee
New Contributor II

Thank you for the response. I wish it was that easy. I bumped our background scanning to 60 minutes and still exhibit the same behavior every 10 minutes.

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

That's likely because of your background scan settings, in the Radio Profile. Its default setting is to run every 10 minutes. Background scans are necessary if you have your devices set to auto negotiate channel or power levels (although, they'll run even if you don't, you have to turn them on or off in the Radio Profile), the devices use these scans to make that decision about channel or power. If you have the background scans set to run when you have connected clients, you might see this kind of thing on your network.

GTM-P2G8KFN