cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP121 and AP330 Mesh distance greatly reduced if configure using the HiveManager Connect

AP121 and AP330 Mesh distance greatly reduced if configure using the HiveManager Connect

xelaus
New Contributor

I have two APs: AP330 and AP121 configured in a mesh using the 5Ghz wifi1 as the backhaul.

It seems that if I use the HiveManager Connect Web interface to create a policy and push it to the AP, then the distance I can place these two AP apart is greatly reduced. With the policy pushed from the HiveManager Connect, these two AP would only form the mesh when they are close by, with no wall on between. (is the AP121 would not join AP330 via the Wifi backhaul link)

However if I configure these two AP using the CLI (Using the Mesh CLI example from the deployment guide), I can place these two AP further apart, even with a couple of walls in between, and they would still form a mesh.

The CLI configuration only has several lines of configuration when show run-config. The configuration using the HiveManager, however, would have many many lines of configuration. It seems that the HiveManager changed the default configuration a lot, causing the 5Ghz Wifi1 range to be greatly reduced.

Anyone has any thoughts on this?

2 REPLIES 2

xelaus
New Contributor

Let me do some more tests and see if I can narrow down the issue. Will report back.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We'll need to collect some data showing all of this to show to our engineers. Would you be able to file a case for this question?

GTM-P2G8KFN