Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP122 no scan for webserver with mDNS

AP122 no scan for webserver with mDNS

m_titz1
New Contributor III

Hi there,

i have a strange behaviour in our company network.

We are using Hivemanager classic on premise with Hive OS 8.0r1.

We have mixed APs with AP121and AP122 on BR100 or BR200.

We are scanning with mDNS for Webservers on our non windows machine clients connected to wifi. When the webserver is recogniced our software can communicate with the machine.

So far with AP121 everything works fine.

But with AP122 the webserver from the client shows only once and than never again.

We have checked several things like multicast unicast, firewall on BR100. But nothing helps.

Strange thing is that the AP121 is working fine, only the AP122s are blocking something.

Can someone help us please.

Thanks and regards

Marius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

m_titz1
New Contributor III

Hi Gary,

update to this issue.

My coworker from Software department found a solution now for this issue.

In the programm from Github for scanning the mDNS was a TTL set to 1. It looks like the AP122 and AP121 works different with TTL=1. AP121 forward the packets and doesnt change it, but AP122 sets it to 0 and the packets are lost.

After my SD colleague changed the TTL to 2, the packets from mDNS receives the server without a problem and everything works fine.

After this difficult case we can get back to normal work 🙂

Thank you for your support.

Greetings Marius

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

m_titz1
New Contributor III

Hi Gary,

update to this issue.

My coworker from Software department found a solution now for this issue.

In the programm from Github for scanning the mDNS was a TTL set to 1. It looks like the AP122 and AP121 works different with TTL=1. AP121 forward the packets and doesnt change it, but AP122 sets it to 0 and the packets are lost.

After my SD colleague changed the TTL to 2, the packets from mDNS receives the server without a problem and everything works fine.

After this difficult case we can get back to normal work 🙂

Thank you for your support.

Greetings Marius

m_titz1
New Contributor III

Hi Gary,

we have 160 locations. AP121 are 255 units and AP122 are 24 in use.

We have checked all combinations. Mixed, alone, different settings, reboot etc.

AP122 is not working with our webserver mdns search. Our sales contact couldnt help us also.

gsmith
New Contributor III
Hi Marius,

So, ap121 in one location works. AP122 in another location does not work. It would be good to know if the AP121 would work in the AP122 location and vise-versa. This would help rule out a local network issue.

Kind Regards,
Gary Smith

m_titz1
New Contributor III

The APs are in different locations. Thats because the subnet is different.

GTM-P2G8KFN