cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP122 (roaming) Spotify and Sonos

AP122 (roaming) Spotify and Sonos

lukasz
New Contributor

Hello, I have installed two AP122 in one SSID (whole configuration is in default mode). I have problem with Sonos (wireless speakers) visibilty in Spotify app. I cannot figure out why it is invisible - maybe some broadcast/multicast is blocking on AeroHive firewall. Maybe someon has the same problem. As a mention everything works great on Arubas...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I would agree that sounds like an issue between the Sonos speakers and the Spotify protocols. I would look in to Sonos documentation and maybe see if Spotify support or documentation has any recommendations or extra steps you need to take for these devices.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I would agree that sounds like an issue between the Sonos speakers and the Spotify protocols. I would look in to Sonos documentation and maybe see if Spotify support or documentation has any recommendations or extra steps you need to take for these devices.

lukasz
New Contributor

Maybe these is connected with Spotify Connect protocols...something is block or whothever, how to check that?

lukasz
New Contributor

Both, Sonos Playbar and Sonos SUB get IP address and I can connect to them by IP and check status. Other thing Sonos Playbar is connected directly by fibreotpics cable to the TV and cooperate with Sonos SUB (conncted wireless). Sonos has got thier own app Sonos App for Androdi, IOS and Windows and everything works ok through these app (also Spotify client opened through these app).

Spotify works great with chromecast devices like GGMM, Google home etc. and see these devices. Only Sonos devices are invisible for these app.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Aerohive has no firewalls by default. You can enable an IP firewall or a MAC firewall in the user profile, but you would have to configure these. We also don't block multicast by default, you would have to enable that in the advanced SSID settings. Are you seeing the wireless speakers connecting to the network at all?

GTM-P2G8KFN