cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP370 - 6.5r9 unreliability; be warned, and anyone else have issues?

AP370 - 6.5r9 unreliability; be warned, and anyone else have issues?

network-admin
New Contributor

Since the updating HiveOS on AP370s (i.e. 6.5r8a/b) to patch the KrackAttack vulnerability, our AP370s have been prone to refusing clients. As far as I could see this happens when they are under load , anecdotally 40-50 clients but no proof.

The fix tends to be to reboot, quite often I've had to fully power off.

I just upgraded half a dozen APs to 6.5r9, one of them stopped advertising and couldn't be seen in Wifi Explorer. I tried reboots, hard boot and full config restore, in the end I downgraded to 6.5r7 and it started working.

I've logged an e-mail with Aerohive support asking them to submit a bug report, thought I'd post here in case anyone else suffers similar issues.

We are toying with changing manufacturers, the AP370s have been the source of a lot of problems .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zqwang
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

HOS 6.5r9a has just been released and it’s available on the Cloud HMNG EMEA and NA instances now. The Cloud HMNG APAC/ANZA instances will be upgraded for this tonight as well. See the linked HOS 6.5r9a release notes below. Hope this helps.

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/6.5r9a_HiveOS_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Paul

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

nlowe
New Contributor III

Hi Shane,

I suggest that you reopen your case. You should be able to do this within 3 days of case closure.

Regards,

Nick

sstowell
New Contributor

One thing we noticed is that we needed an IP Helper address added to our core switch for the new image to work on our network with our Aerohives. That is only on devices in the vlan that used a Windows DHCP server. We have a couple guest networks on separate vlans that use our Firewall Router as a DHCP server and it worked fine without a helper address.

Anyway, support closed our case due to the fact that they said we just stay at 6.5r8b. It seems to work with the IP Helper Address now but I want to know why the two images are different in that way.

nlowe
New Contributor III

Hi Shane,

Really sorry about this. The information that you were passed by support is mistaken. It is expected that 6.5r9 can be used in HM Classic. One caveat is that we are aware of an issue with the Bonjour Gateway which may require supplemental CLI to be used where this feature is needed.

Regards,

Nick

sstowell
New Contributor

I received the information from Aerohive Support. They said the documentation was wrong and that image 6.5r9, does not include compatibility with Classic. Attached is the email from support.

network-admin
New Contributor

Hi Nick,

Will do, I've been away for a few days so it may take me a while to catch up. When I get a chance I'll try to replicate the problem.

Shane, where are you getting that from? We are running HiveManager®Enterprise  6.8r3 and the release notes suggest this is OK (see below).

HiveOS 6.5r9 Release Notes

Release date: April 10, 2018 Release versions: HiveOS 6.5r9

Hardware platforms supported: AP110/120, AP1130, AP121/141, AP130, AP170, AP230, AP320/340, AP330/350, AP370/390, SR2024, SR2024P, SR2124P, SR2148P, BR100, BR200-WP, BR200-VZ-LTE

Management platforms supported: HiveManager 8.1r2 and later, and HiveManager NG 12.0.8.12 and later 

GTM-P2G8KFN