cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP370 - 6.5r9 unreliability; be warned, and anyone else have issues?

AP370 - 6.5r9 unreliability; be warned, and anyone else have issues?

network-admin
New Contributor

Since the updating HiveOS on AP370s (i.e. 6.5r8a/b) to patch the KrackAttack vulnerability, our AP370s have been prone to refusing clients. As far as I could see this happens when they are under load , anecdotally 40-50 clients but no proof.

The fix tends to be to reboot, quite often I've had to fully power off.

I just upgraded half a dozen APs to 6.5r9, one of them stopped advertising and couldn't be seen in Wifi Explorer. I tried reboots, hard boot and full config restore, in the end I downgraded to 6.5r7 and it started working.

I've logged an e-mail with Aerohive support asking them to submit a bug report, thought I'd post here in case anyone else suffers similar issues.

We are toying with changing manufacturers, the AP370s have been the source of a lot of problems .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zqwang
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

HOS 6.5r9a has just been released and it’s available on the Cloud HMNG EMEA and NA instances now. The Cloud HMNG APAC/ANZA instances will be upgraded for this tonight as well. See the linked HOS 6.5r9a release notes below. Hope this helps.

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/6.5r9a_HiveOS_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Paul

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

zqwang
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

HOS 6.5r9a has just been released and it’s available on the Cloud HMNG EMEA and NA instances now. The Cloud HMNG APAC/ANZA instances will be upgraded for this tonight as well. See the linked HOS 6.5r9a release notes below. Hope this helps.

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/6.5r9a_HiveOS_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Paul

msoldner
New Contributor

@Nick Lowe​ - Sorry to keep piling on you and this thread - is the Bonjour issue the only large known issue? It thankfully fixes a CWP issue that was holding us up from doing something but I've been told to wait for 6.5r9a for production. I only see 6.5r9 in NG at the moment though. Thanks!

dan11
New Contributor

@Nick Lowe​ Nick, what are the bonjour cli commands you referred to? I'm having some issues with apple tvs not showing up on the same vlan for some devices.

nlowe
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Slight change of plan, we are going to make HiveOS 6.5r9a available in Cloud HMNG in a couple of days time.

Cheers,

Nick

GTM-P2G8KFN