cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP370 - 6.5r9 unreliability; be warned, and anyone else have issues?

AP370 - 6.5r9 unreliability; be warned, and anyone else have issues?

network-admin
New Contributor

Since the updating HiveOS on AP370s (i.e. 6.5r8a/b) to patch the KrackAttack vulnerability, our AP370s have been prone to refusing clients. As far as I could see this happens when they are under load , anecdotally 40-50 clients but no proof.

The fix tends to be to reboot, quite often I've had to fully power off.

I just upgraded half a dozen APs to 6.5r9, one of them stopped advertising and couldn't be seen in Wifi Explorer. I tried reboots, hard boot and full config restore, in the end I downgraded to 6.5r7 and it started working.

I've logged an e-mail with Aerohive support asking them to submit a bug report, thought I'd post here in case anyone else suffers similar issues.

We are toying with changing manufacturers, the AP370s have been the source of a lot of problems .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zqwang
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

HOS 6.5r9a has just been released and it’s available on the Cloud HMNG EMEA and NA instances now. The Cloud HMNG APAC/ANZA instances will be upgraded for this tonight as well. See the linked HOS 6.5r9a release notes below. Hope this helps.

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/6.5r9a_HiveOS_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Paul

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

msoldner
New Contributor

Hey @Nick Lowe​  - you happen to have an update on this and HMNG? I have an open case that and a fix is (hopefully / supposed) to be in it.

Thanks!

jnesci
New Contributor II

What version of HM Classic are you running?

I recently upgraded my HM to 8.2r1 and noticed an issue with AP370's running 6.5r8b not allowing client connections. I then upgraded a couple 370's to 6.5r9 and it seems to have resolved my problem.

nlowe
New Contributor III

Hi Shane,

I see that your support case is now reopened.

Please work with the support engineer via that case so that your issue can be investigated.

Thanks,

Nick

nlowe
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

HiveOS 6.5r9 is not expected to appear until the HMNG release due on-or-around the 23rd April.

Thanks,

Nick

msoldner
New Contributor

Has this even shown up in NG for any of you yet? I know it dropped by I still show 6.5r8b as golden and 6.5r9 isn't even an option for me to manually select.

GTM-P2G8KFN