cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP650 Troublesome ipads on PPSK

AP650 Troublesome ipads on PPSK

cforrest
New Contributor

We have a very odd scenario, we have a number of AP250s in our office all on 40mhz at 5ghz, we have recently introduced an AP650 with one int enabled on ac 20mhz @5ghz. With the theory to migrate all others soon to 20Mhz. On this AP and all others we have 3 SSID's the third is a PPSK network, we can see 1 client can connect to this but no others can, but we know the policy allows concurrent clients using the same key, when you walk out of this area the ipads connect fine. on all other APs AP250 on 8.4r10a, this is AP650 on the newest code. The other SSIDs however on the AP650 code 10.0r7a work with no issue.

I am purplexed to why this is. This quirk is very odd. Any suggestions would be welcome.

11 REPLIES 11

ashley_finch
Contributor III

I see, so is it just "spinning" as such when it tries to join the SSID? Seeing a reason in the buffered log of the AP may help, alternatively are you seeing anything in the client logs when you search the MAC of an iPad in ExtremeCloud IQ?

cforrest
New Contributor

The policy for the password is sent to all of our ipads through MDM so they all have the same, when you walk away from the AP650 to an AP250 it joins fine, wondering if the AP650 is not allowing multiple connections on the PPSK policy ?

ashley_finch
Contributor III

I presume you're getting an incorrect password message when you try to connect another device on the same PPSK?

What if you enter '_debug auth basic', try to connect to the AP, enter 'show log buf', what are you seeing from the AP when the client tries to connect?

cforrest
New Contributor

It seems to behave like when we originally setup the policy, when the PPSK user was limited to 1, now it is 0, like it it just ignores your request as it has one device attached to it, thats the only conclusion I can see, like re enter this on the command line although this is the default >>security private-psk same-user-limit 0 , the output on this object shows no value which I assume is the default which is 0

cforrest
New Contributor

Also the MGT IIP range is the same as the AP250s

GTM-P2G8KFN