cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Aerohive prevent my Win 10 computers from recognizing each other?

Can the Aerohive prevent my Win 10 computers from recognizing each other?

sburgess
New Contributor

I cannot get several of my networked pc's to "see" each other. I have verified that they are all listed as a "private" network. I've tried just about everything I can with all the help I can find online regarding this issue. Registry settings , security protocol, etc.

10 REPLIES 10

sburgess
New Contributor

I have 4 pcs that are all the same setup and I just upgraded all of them to Win 10. (They are the pcs that are in our warehouse and they are used to process orders and generate UPS shipping tickets) But one of them works perfectly and can recognize all other pcs on the network. All have the exact same settings. I do not have any additional anti virus software. Just Windows defender and firewall that comes with Win 10.

bpowers
Contributor

So by default, the windows firewall will block ICMP - if you're using that as your comm test. What application or service are you using that you need to talk to each other? That might help understand the situation a bit better.

sburgess
New Contributor

Yes, the def-service-filter is selected. So we've ruled out that issue. Thanks. Now as far as the Win 10 firewall. 1f1f13cdfd1b4b3a90dd6963d7b525b2_0694Q000009HxkHQAS.jpg

It has been restored to the default settings.

bpowers
Contributor

Your image looks like the older version of HM (called HM Classic). If you go to your Network Policy and then drill down into the SSID (ReadySeal), under the DoS Prevention and Filters you will see a dropdown menu near a title called Traffic Filter. If the def-service-filter is selected, that's the default one that does not block inter-station traffic. You can edit the selected filter with the edit icon if a custom filter is set to see if it has it enabled or disabled.

If those are Windows PCs, are we sure that the default Windows Firewall is not impacting this?

sburgess
New Contributor

They are all on the same SSID. 4 of the pc's are connected via WiFi and one is connected to the same Aerohive network via ethernet. Where would I find the settings to check the Inter-Station traffic filter? I'm attaching the pc list and highlighting the pc's I'm trying to connect to one another. Thanks for helping out.454c46cc9b1e449bbfc2da8323e98a27_0694Q000009HxgoQAC.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN