cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Aerohive prevent my Win 10 computers from recognizing each other?

Can the Aerohive prevent my Win 10 computers from recognizing each other?

sburgess
New Contributor

I cannot get several of my networked pc's to "see" each other. I have verified that they are all listed as a "private" network. I've tried just about everything I can with all the help I can find online regarding this issue. Registry settings , security protocol, etc.

10 REPLIES 10

sburgess
New Contributor

Yes, everything was working before the Win 10 upgrade.

By trying to "stop" the firewall it would not show as stopped in Services. But showed that it was stopped in the Windows Firewall tab. So I am re-installing Win 10 to see if that fixes the firewall issue. I'll let you know how it goes.

bpowers
Contributor

I'm not quite sure what you have going on there, Steve. It sounds like the WLAN is not at fault though (but I cannot promise that). When you mention you just upgraded to Windows 10, am I safe to assume that all of this worked fine prior to the Win 10 upgrade?

If so, I'd still think the Windows Firewall having something to do with it. One way to check here is to go to the run prompt and put in services.msc

This will bring up a Microsoft Service console window. In there, soft them by Name and look for a Windows Defender Firewall. From there you can right click on it to stop it from running. This in essence turns off the firewall. Test connectivity again. If it works, at least we know where the problem lies. If it continues to not work, that service can easily be started back up. But either way that should either point to or eliminate it from being the culprit.

sburgess
New Contributor

UPS Worldship requires a network connection to the Host pc. So my "remote" pcs need to be able to see the host pc on the Network.

sburgess
New Contributor

Just using File Explorer and clicking on Network to list the available pcs

GTM-P2G8KFN