Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete Network Policy from ExtremeCloud IQ

Cannot delete Network Policy from ExtremeCloud IQ

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Still getting this error:

The Network Policy cannot be removed because it is used by another object (Device Configuration). Please disassociate references from other configuration items before removing the item.

There is no device using this network policy. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry for the repeat step there, would you be able to try selecting the real AP as well as the simulated one and pushing an update out to that AP when it is able to reboot without interrupting production?

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Odd that it doesn't come up after removing the filters...

Perhaps this may work to remove the old policy at least:

Go into the policy you are using (not the one you want to delete)> go to deploy policy > change filter to "eligible" > in theory you should be able to push this policy to the simulated devices > delete old policy

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

There is no device using this policy. I have just one AP which uses different Network Policy.

I also checked Additional settings many time and I did not find anything. But I found this. It is assigned to some Simulated device, but I can not find it under Manage/Device menu. Even if I disable filter for real devices ..

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Any objects within the additional settings that may have been created? Otherwise I'm not sure. It would be useful if the error told you what the references were!

Just to confirm there are no devices (either online or offline) using this policy?

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Thanks Ashley. The policy is completely empty. No SSID or pofiles or templates. Any other advice?

ashley_finch
Contributor III

I think you need to remove most things from it, such as device templates and remove the SSIDs also in order to delete the policy itself

GTM-P2G8KFN