cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove a template from a network policy, its giving a - You must delete the template classified entries first. - which isnt very informative about what or where I need to remove to get this template removed from the policy

Cannot remove a template from a network policy, its giving a - You must delete the template classified entries first. - which isnt very informative about what or where I need to remove to get this template removed from the policy

richard_bendle
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

As soon as you add a second device template for the same model AP to a network policy the first template becomes the "default" and the second and any subsequent templates are applied via classification rules. In order to remove the default template, you first have to delete all of the "classification rules" templates for that model first. This is a huge pain if you have many templates on a single network policy.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you add me as an external user so I can take a look around to try to find the template link? I won't make any changes, I just want to take a look at a couple places where we could tie in a template that might prevent it from deleting. If you'd like to add me, please use the email address spirok@extremenetworks.com. This guide reviews how to add an external user, and how to find the Organization Name, which I will need to find your instance in particular: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Allowing-Support-Access-to-HiveManager

GTM-P2G8KFN