Did you mean: 

Configuration on the CAPWAP client was rolled back

Configuration on the CAPWAP client was rolled back

gavino_casu
New Contributor

Hello,

I have got a problem with an AP250.

When I try to Update the config I get two messages in the log of the device:

1. The configuration on the CAPWAP client was rolled back to an earlier version.
  2. Default DTLS passphrase is in use. Push a complete config to update the passphrase automatically, or set it manually and push a complete or delta config.

I tried to hard reset the device through cli, which reseted the AP, but sending the config again did not work.

Even deleting the device from the hive did not work.

What can I do with the device?

Best regards

Gavino

9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for confirming that for me. Could you tell me what firmware version the device is using currently? Also I'd like to get some logs on the update failure, would you be able to SSH in to the device, enable capwap debugs, replicate the issue, pull tech data and send that to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com?

This guide reviews how to enable capwap debugs: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-debugs

gavino_casu
New Contributor

We have about 37 devices that get the same config and work without any issues.

We have multiple offices with 3-4 different devicetypes.

At the office with the problematic device we have three other devices that work without issues.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you have other devices that are able to take the update with the same configuration? That would rule out the firewall and any configuration mismatch that could cause that issue. Also could you tell me what firmware version the device is using currently?

gavino_casu
New Contributor

I get the message when I send a complete config through the hive, through:

1. going to Monitor Tab in Hive
  2. going to Access Points
  3. selecting the Access Points
  4. Choose Update and Update Devices
  5. Activating the option Perform a complete configuration update for all selected devices
  6. After automatically switching to the Configuration Tab I see the device is updating the config and automatically rebooting
  7. After several minutes (ca. 10 minutes) I get the following message:
  • Upload Configuration: The config has been updated.
    • Device Reboot: The configuration of device has been rolled back.

Can you help me fixing this problem?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The second message is just telling you the device has no configuration on it, so it's not broadcasting your network until it gets a complete configuration update. For the first error message, do you get this when trying a complete configuration update, delta configuration update, or both?

GTM-P2G8KFN