cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring AP250 as L3VPN termination point for ATOMs

Configuring AP250 as L3VPN termination point for ATOMs

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I'm trying to configure an AP250 as a HQ location which will server as the local AP as well as the VPN termination point for various AP30 ATOMs for telework employees. I have configured the ATOMs to use client mode/client access allowing the teleworkers the ability to piggy back off of any wireless network.

The issue is that when the ATOMs are configured for client mode, the AP serves up it's own DHCP and therefore using a typical L2VPN on the AP250 will not work.

Has anyone ever set up an AP250 (or similar) to be a L3VPN termination point?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Just in case anyone else runs in to this issue, I've found out the ATOM APs will set themselves up as DHCP servers if they are in client mode, just something to check if this comes up again.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Just in case anyone else runs in to this issue, I've found out the ATOM APs will set themselves up as DHCP servers if they are in client mode, just something to check if this comes up again.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Jeff Rathmann​, I was speaking with my Tier 3 team about this and they recommended we get a case about this going and up to Tier 3 for you. Were you able to create a support case? If not I can help you through that process. Once we get a case created just let me know the case number and I'll get that up to Tier 3 for you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Jeff, I'm sorry we haven't been able to replicate this for you yet. I would recommend opening a case for faster responses and a dedicated technician if your project is time sensitive. I'll keep trying to work on this for you in the mean time, just wanted to give you an update.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hi Sam,

Any updates on this by chance? Trying to see if I'm going to be able to get this configured by the end of the weekend or if I'll have to configure L2VPN, no client mode, and tell the customer they have to use the uplink Ethernet port with the ATOMs. I'd prefer not too but running out of time.

I appreciate your assistance.

GTM-P2G8KFN