Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Guest Access with Hivemanager NG for custom time by guestmanager

Create Guest Access with Hivemanager NG for custom time by guestmanager

wim_goeminne
New Contributor

Hi,

We are migrating from Hivemanager Classic to Hivemanager NG, and I have a question about setting up Guest access for a limited time (like valid guest accounts for 1 day)

We have the receptionist create guest accounts normally for visitors but when I create a user group the only options are valid for a fix day (preconfigured date in User Group) or unlimited time access.

How do we configure that the receptionist can create daily valid guest account like was possible in previous hivemanager?

Thanks,

Wim

2 REPLIES 2

wim_goeminne
New Contributor
Hi Sam,

Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

In NG you would want to create a Guest manager user, so when they log in all they are able to do is create users within existing user groups. Here is a guide that can help you set that up- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Guest-Management-Account-in-NG

As for the user group settings you're looking for, when you make the user group in NG (Configure> Users> User Groups> Add), you want to make sure the Password DB Location field is set to Cloud (so you can use the advanced PPSK user options such as the feature you're looking for here), then scroll down to Expiration Settings. The drop down next to Account Expiration should be set to Valid For Time Period and you should set the time period to 24 hours. We can start the count down on this 24 hour time out either when the credentials are created, or when the user logs in for the first time, it's up to you and you would set that here as well.

Once you've created the user group and the credential distribution user, you should be good to go. Your credential distribution user will make PPSK credentials, and those will last for 24 hours. Is that what you are looking for?

GTM-P2G8KFN