cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device update failed for AP320

Device update failed for AP320

mrdam404
New Contributor

I'm getting this error: The CLI 'save image https://ie.extremecloudiq.com:443/afs-webapp/hiveos/images/AP340-6.5r10.golden.img.S admin VHM-PTFCJSFM password *** basic no-prompt' execute failed, cause by: Because the SSID is already assigned to an interface, it cannot be unbound from the security object.

it is running 4.0r1 now. How can I update it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting us know, I've emailed you directly with the firmware files you'll need and a guide that reviews how to update the firmware via the APs web UI rather than the GUI. The APs will need to be updated to at least 6.5r3 in order to manage them or update them via the GUI.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi gmnielsen, you should have the firmware files and instructions for updating in your inbox now. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

gmnielsen
New Contributor

I have the same issue. My AP230’s are at 6.2r1a and I cannot update them, or use them. All help would be appreciated.

mrdam404
New Contributor

I received the email and updated the devices. All is well now!  Thank you for helping!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

My apologies, I just sent the email again. If you still don't receive it, please email me at communityhelp@aerohive.com and I'll respond with the firmware files you need.

GTM-P2G8KFN