cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices cannot connect to any wireless network (HM Connect, AP250, SR2208)

Devices cannot connect to any wireless network (HM Connect, AP250, SR2208)

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

I just checked on a setup of two access points behind a small Aerohive switch that is supposed to be the basis of a wireless installation for a home setup.

The problem here is: The devices are not able to connect to any network at all, no matter how you set ip up.

Setup: only 1 Vlan for everything, Internet goes into a Router (Fritzbox), from there to a TP-Link Gigabit switch, this one connects to the Aerohive switch which in turn has the two APs connected to provide POE.

The devices are all in one HM connect instance, updated to the current firmware, were running fine at another place with exactly the same Fritzbox.

I can see any wired connected device in the HM, regardless which device it is on. I can see every wireless device connected to the Fritzbox. But no matter what kind of wireless network I create (guest, WPA2 standard or whatever), the clients cannot connect. I only get some kind of error code from my phone though, when the network is using a standard WPA2 protection. The error is translated poorly into my language, reads along the lines of "network full" as if the DHCP (Fritzbox) would not be able to pass along more IPs. It has a ton of free IPs in the range left though (over 100).

Does anyone have any idea where I can actually start to troubleshoot this? I am a bit stumped, I copied the settings 1-1 from a working setup at another location, also with external DHCP server, but either Connect leaves out some dearly needed settings, or there is something else going on here.

7 REPLIES 7

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

working again now.I went through the "ask" button on the front page, it told me that I do not have the rights to do that when I tried to send the completed post.

Working now again though, thanks a lot 🙂

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That should not be the case, any one registered to the Hive Community should be able to post. I just tested with your user record and didn't have any problems, could you send me a screen shot of the message you see when you try to post?

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

On Another note, I have a different issue with our work setup, and just wanted to post a question here in the community, but was told that I was not allowed to post questions but just answer to existing ones?

Has something changed with the rights management on this platform again?

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot Sam,

I got it to work using the default radio policies for 2.4 and 5ghz. No full reset was necessary.

Even though the policies I was using were copies of the default ones, the 2.4 ghz access just didn't work for any client at all.

I looked at the logs from the AP and it seemed that some kind of aggressive band steering was active, denying clients access to the 2.4ghz band on the AP side (but since they were 2.4 only clients, they couldn't see / log into the 5ghz ).

Now all is working fine, albeit with only 20mhz for the 5ghz band atm. Will try and up this to 80mhz again and see how this goes.

GTM-P2G8KFN