cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have layer 2 VPN up and working? If so, what hardware are you on and what firmware are you on? I am having an issue and want to rule out the firmware and hardware.

Does anyone have layer 2 VPN up and working? If so, what hardware are you on and what firmware are you on? I am having an issue and want to rule out the firmware and hardware.

dparsons
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

dparsons
Contributor

Finally got to the bottom of the issue. I had overlooked the fact that DHCP snooping and ARP inspection were turned up at the global level on the switch. Since the trunk port to the AP did not have the trust statements for ARP inspection and DHCP snooping the ARP requests from the client were getting dropped at the switch. The weird issue and what was throwing every one off the trail was that the debug traces were showing the traffic getting dropped on the client AP (more correctly not being routed properly). Had we seen the traffic on the server AP it would have pointed me in the right direction sooner.

So with this I can confirm that the new hardware and firmware up to 8.4r9a does work for a layer 2 VPN.

dparsons
Contributor

Did some further testing and I am all the way back to 6.1 on an AP330 and an AP340 as server and client with the same issue. So it does not appear to be a firmware issue or hardware issue.

dparsons
Contributor

I guess no one is using this feature. No wonder TAC is not responding to my case either. Hate to pay the ransom to Cisco but if this is broken I guess I have no choice.

GTM-P2G8KFN