cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External CWP with mac-auth and CWP bypass. Users still have to open CWP even though user profile is allowall.

External CWP with mac-auth and CWP bypass. Users still have to open CWP even though user profile is allowall.

mickwombat9
New Contributor

I am trying to setup an external captive portal but with mac-auth. I have a user profile for users that have already registered (allowall) and set this in 'apply different user profile for different groups based on Filter-ID'.

When the user does the mac-auth, I see it with the allowall profile, but I still get redirected to the captive portal.

User profile application sequence is set to mac-auth > CWP > SSID.

Has anyone else setup something like this before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nlowe
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I think you just need to configure the fallback-to-ecwp command via supplemental CLI.

I double checked HiveOS 6.5r10 and this is supported there.

You will need to find the name of the security-object by reviewing the show run output.

show cmds | include fallback-to-ecwp

security-object <string> security additional-auth-method mac-based-auth fallback-to-ecwp

show version

Aerohive Networks, Inc.

Copyright (c) 2006-2018

Version: HiveOS 6.5r10 build-205308

Build time: Wed Aug 8 10:22:25 UTC 2018

Build cookie: 1808080322-205308

Platform: HiveAP330

Bootloader ver: v1.0.3.4d

TPM ver: v1.2.35.8

Uptime: 13 weeks, 3 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes, 32 seconds

Thanks,

Nick

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

From what I can tell you have this set up correctly, I think we'd need a support case to start digging in to why this isn't working for you. Would you be able to open a support case for this issue? If you haven't purchased support, please email me at communityhelp@aerohive.com (please reference this thread) and we can explore some options.

GTM-P2G8KFN