cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed firmware upgrade (6.5r1b to 10.0r7a)

Failed firmware upgrade (6.5r1b to 10.0r7a)

childs999
New Contributor

I have bought a new AP130 unit that is currently running 6.5r1b and I want to update this to 10.0r7a. When I attempt to do this via hiveamanger (Cloud) I get an error "device update failed". I've read some other forum posts indicating I may need to jump to a slightly NEWER firmware before upgrading to 10.0

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

childs999

25 REPLIES 25

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. I've emailed the 230 firmware files over to you now so you can get those updated. Keep in mind all APs need to be on 6.5r3 or later in order to work with ExtremeCloud IQ. For the APs that are showing the already onboarded error, please email the serial numbers over to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com so I can free those devices up for you.

samgeer123
New Contributor

Hello again. I got some 121s and 230s and surprisingly I have only had issues with the 230s. All of the 121s where able to be onboarded and updated but 1 of the 230s is on version 6.4r1e and gives an update error. Also 2 other 230s give a "Device already onboarded" error, what should I do about that?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know, I've emailed you with the firmware files you'll need and a guide to help you update them. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

sbiletskyi
New Contributor

I'm having same issue with AP130 on 6.5r1b FW.

GTM-P2G8KFN