cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get serial number removed from former hive

Get serial number removed from former hive

dustin2
New Contributor

I have received an AP330 from a friend to use in my home. I attempted to add it to HiveManager Connect, but it says that serial number appears to be in use in another hive. Is there any way I can get that removed so I can add it to my Connect login?

Also, I am aware I don't have a support contract, however it is running 6.1R2 firmware, and I was hoping I could get a download link so I can update it as it seems that version is fairly out of date.

3 REPLIES 3

dustin2
New Contributor

I figured out the issues with both the mgt0 interface and the VLAN.

For the mgt0 interface I hadn't moved it to the proper VLAN in the AP config, so once I did that, everything internal to the AP started working, specifically NTP and the new management IP kicked in and worked.

For the 3rd VLAN, I had originally set my firewall to drop everything. I have since changed that to allow but not forward which gets DHCP working sans internet access. Next step for that VLAN is implement a Pi-Hole DNS filter just for that VLAN, which is all in the router side so that isn't germane to this device.

Anyways. Sorry for the extra postings, I wasn't sure of where to look, but I kept digging (thanks Google) and found the answers. I can see you are a busy guy by all the posts you answer, so thanks for doing what you do.

dustin2
New Contributor

Sent the email. Followup question:

I have configured it via the CLI at this point and it is working fine, however when I attempt to set the IP address as static, that setting doesn't appear to be working, it instead takes a DHCP IP address from a secondary VLAN that I have created using OpenWRT on a Raspberry Pi via a Cisco Switch. In hindsight, I don't really have an issue with that, but I would prefer it being on my primary VLAN from a management standpoint.

I am using the following command syntax:

Int mgt0 ip <ip address> /<netmask>

Ip route default gateway <address>

Which I found in another posting asking the same question.

Also I have a 3rd VLAN for the Guest network that isn't getting DHCP, but I suspect that is a switch/router issue, which I'll look into further.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you can email me the serial number at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I can get you set up and get you the firmware files you'll need to get the AP up and running in the HiveManager.

GTM-P2G8KFN