cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello, how can I see all devices connected to all APs on same page in maps at one time?

hello, how can I see all devices connected to all APs on same page in maps at one time?

akshara_agarwal
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

akshara_agarwal
New Contributor

hi,

We managed to change settings and see all client on map through Aerohive community blogs:

In order to view clients' locations, HiveManager needs to receive and co-ordinate client RSSI measurements from multiple locations. It can do this using a separate location tracking solution (Aeroscout or Ekahau for example) or by using the Aerohive APs themselves to return the necessary data. 

Note that in a large and busy network, there is some overhead for the APs in collecting this information and sending it to HiveManager - you can minimise this if you limit the collection of RSSI information to a subset of devices. 

To use the Aerohive APs as location servers, go into the Network Policy -> Additional Settings >Network services>location server". You then need to specify which clients you want to monitor - there is a default "All Clients" object, but you could create your own filter based on MAC addresses if you only want to monitor a small number of devices. 

When you push the policy to your APs, they will start gathering RSSI information and client locations will be displayed on the map when requested. Note that a minimum of three APs (by default) need to provide RSSI measurements before a client's location can be determined. The more APs provide the RSSI measurements, the more accurate the location will be - it is very important that your APs are accurately located on your maps and the location tracking will be significantly improved if you add walls to your maps so that the algorithm can take into account the expected attenuation by obstacles between the measuring AP and the client. 

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

I'm not sure if that's possible within Maps unless you have a flat map. Client View under the Monitor tab is probably as close as you'll get to seeing all clients within one window.

GTM-P2G8KFN