cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am trying to connect without success the USB console port of an AP305c. The COM port is not created when I look to the device manager on my laptop w10 Pro. Any known issue? Download a driver? Regards, Christophe Happy 2020!

Hello, I am trying to connect without success the USB console port of an AP305c. The COM port is not created when I look to the device manager on my laptop w10 Pro. Any known issue? Download a driver? Regards, Christophe Happy 2020!

aerohivesupport
New Contributor III
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aerohivesupport
New Contributor III

Hello,

A special cable is needed according to Doug Kraemer:

---

The cable is a special one. We have a schematic here:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/hardware/ap/ap305c-ap305cx.htm

We do not currently sell it, and a conversion kit will be needed to assemble one. I believe plans are in the works for selling it, but I don't have any updates yet.

-Doug Kraemer

-ASC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

aerohivesupport
New Contributor III

Hello,

A special cable is needed according to Doug Kraemer:

---

The cable is a special one. We have a schematic here:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/hardware/ap/ap305c-ap305cx.htm

We do not currently sell it, and a conversion kit will be needed to assemble one. I believe plans are in the works for selling it, but I don't have any updates yet.

-Doug Kraemer

-ASC

aerohivesupport
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have openned case 00292299.

The AP305c is connected to a PoE+/30W injector from Extreme Networks.

I have tested my cable, using a phone I can transfert datas to my phone with same cable and USB port on my laptop.

Can you please confirm me you have no driver available?

Regards,

Christophe

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Happy 2020! If the COM port isn't created at all, I'd suggest checking the port and cable to make sure they are functional. If that doesn't help, you might want to open a support case so our engineers can troubleshoot this with you over a screen share session.

GTM-P2G8KFN