cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Hello, When I try to upgrade doing "Delta Configuration Update" we get a "Device Update Failed" While when I do "Complete Configuration Upadate" the update goes well. Would you know why the "Delta Configuration Update" doesn't work ?

Hello, When I try to upgrade doing "Delta Configuration Update" we get a "Device Update Failed" While when I do "Complete Configuration Upadate" the update goes well. Would you know why the "Delta Configuration Update" doesn't work ?

hsabas
New Contributor

affb2192d66b44ccbb0f39e852b35213_0690c000008sP4qAAE.png

6 REPLIES 6

hsabas
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

The whole network/wireless architecture is OK now.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Correct, some devices don't support the UNII-3 band.

Essentially yes, the client wouldn't see that the AP is broadcasting on the UNII-3 channel and only on the 2.4GHz so the client would connect to this (unless there was another AP nearby it wanted to connect to instead!)

If the client supports the UNII-3 channels then yes they wouldn't have to connect to the 2.4GHz, but it is a client decision as to which interface they connect to - unless you have band steering enabled for example.

hsabas
New Contributor

Hello,

So some clients devices may not support the fact that UNI-3 is including, right ?

And in the case of a client who can't support these channels, he would've to connect on the 2.4GHz ?

So if he supports these channels (UNI-3) he wouldn't have to connect on the 2.4 GHz ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

ashley_finch
Contributor III

The only issue you may run into is that not all devices (see your insights > devices > max client capabilities) support these channels (in particular 165). But from what I've seen the majority of clients do support this band. Clients would then connect on the 2.4GHz instead.

Just a note on the error, it looks like it may be a bug - Aerohive support are investigating and replicating.

GTM-P2G8KFN