Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HiveManager and background scan options

HiveManager and background scan options

sderikonja1
Contributor

Skip Background Scan When: Select from the following options:

Option 1

Clients are connected: Clear to prevent an AP with connected clients from scanning channels. Disabled by default.

Option 2

Connected clients are in power save mode: Select to allow an AP to scan channels when connected clients are in power save mode. You might want to disable this option if some clients (for example, MacBook 10.4.11), are experiencing intermittent connection issues when in power save mode. Enabled by default.

Option 3

Network traffic with voice priority is detected: Select to prevent an AP from performing a background scan when voice traffic is detected. Voice traffic takes priority and is the least forgiving of slow or degraded connections. Enabled by default.

Option 1 if cleared it would enable background scanning if clients connected.

Option 2 If selected it would disable background scanning when clients in power-save mode

Option 3 if selected it would disable background scanning when voice traffic detected.

When all three options are selected the config delta looks like this

no radio profile Profile_Name scan access voice

no radio profile Profile_Name scan access client

no radio profile Profile_Name scan access client power-save

Only Option 3 is correct.

8 REPLIES 8

sderikonja1
Contributor

That is what I am referring to. Look at the line where it says

Clients are connected: Clear to prevent an AP with connected clients from scanning channels. Disabled by default.

If you clear the checkbox the opposite is achieved of what the instruction states.

Compare that to Skip Background Scan When Clients are connected.

In fact selecting the checkbox disables background scanning.

HiveOS CLI equivalent to selecting checkbox in HM is

no radio profile Profile_Name scan access client

I hope this clarifies my post a bit more.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

This is covered in the "Configure Neighborhood Analysis" section of the Help Guide from the GUI: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-radio-profile.htm

sderikonja1
Contributor

483d4595a61c4b92934d6a026feb8c99_0690c000007rDbIAAU.jpgCompare HiveManager NG documentation with Radio Profile Background Scanning Options. It seems that documentation does not reflect actual settings.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I apologize but I am not understanding what is not correct within the audit. Can you please attempt to clarify what information is incorrect?

GTM-P2G8KFN