Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hivemanager not able to manage AP's

Hivemanager not able to manage AP's

mushfiq_shaikh
New Contributor

Hi,

Our Hivemanage crashed, so we created a new Hivemanager. We gave the new Hivemanager same IP as old one, all the AP's are showing on the server but not able to push policy or update HiveOS on AP's.

I tried below things to resolve it but no luck.

1) Rebooted HiveManager

2) Followed steps in below link

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-Guide-for-HiveManager-NG

There is one more thing Hivemanager's VHM name is " HiveManager Virtual Appliance " but it is not same on AP's, When I tried to enter correct VHM the command is not allowing space in the name.

Kindly find all the screenshots attached for reference.

2 REPLIES 2

mushfiq_shaikh
New Contributor

Yes, I tried it but did not help.

Whenever I push Policy or update OS it show successful intently but nothing actually happens.

Is it anything to do with DNS? I am asking this because after adding DNS on Hivemanager I was not able to access Hivemanager as it's IP was getting redirected to domain name. We are not using DNS thus I manually added DNS entry for this server.

My question here is does Hivemanager is trying to communicate with AP's by their domain name?

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

While you did your best to recreate your hive manager, it is nonetheless a new one with new keys. It appears from the cli screenshot you do not have the hm in your config. Your APs will need to establish capwap to this new server.

Have you tried adding via cli:

capwap client server name x.x.x.x (hivemanager address)

GTM-P2G8KFN