cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I take an AP from a group of APS that are in a VHM, to be standalone.

How can I take an AP from a group of APS that are in a VHM, to be standalone.

oflores
New Contributor

I purchased 25 APs, and sale 23, now I want to use 1 of the 2 that I dont sale, to work at home, but I try to add it to my VHM, and I can not do it, because it says that it is already on a VHM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, if you can send me the serial number I can get that AP freed up for you so you can add it to your new HiveManager. If you'd prefer to share the serial number with me directly, please feel free to email me at communityhelp@aerohive.com.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

oflores
New Contributor

OK!, I understand and thanks for the help!. I will try the Connect and see how it works.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

To use HiveManager (formerly NG) Select, HiveManager On Premises, or HiveManager Classic, you need to purchase entitlement keys that will cover the amount of devices you want to connect to your HiveManager. You can purchase keys on a 1, 3, or 5 year basis, and you would do this through your sales engineer. You can also call our general sales line at 866-918-9918. You don't have to purchase anything to use the HiveManager, but in order to continue to update and manage your devices through the HiveManager you need a current entitlement key.

We do have a free HiveManager (formerly NG) version called Connect. This has limited features, most of the more advanced enterprise networking level features are disabled, but it is free to use with any number of devices so it's a cheaper option for home offices or small businesses that are just using the basic wifi functionality.

Does that answer your question?

oflores
New Contributor

I made the policy, and then I upload it, and yes, I have my connectivity, so I guess I am good, but now I got another question: when the 30 days are over I need to purchase the hive manager?, this AP has a service contract, but I need to get another entitlement key?, what should I do?.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

What issues are you having? If you can elaborate I can try to help you through them.

GTM-P2G8KFN