How does duplicate a policy in HiveManager

david_schell
New Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david_schell
New Contributor II

Thanks Georgia. I'm working on manually duplicating the policy. I worry about little differences having big impact so a clone button would be great for them to add.

(For example, WiFi calling on my cell phone used to work for us and now it only works at the dorms (about 15% of the APs). Neither I nor consultants can figure out why as it may be some difference in the aerohive policy or in a firewall policy. I suspect firewall, but we have been intentional about keeping them as similiar as possible.)

Thanks for your help,

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

david_schell
New Contributor II

Thanks Georgia. I'm working on manually duplicating the policy. I worry about little differences having big impact so a clone button would be great for them to add.

(For example, WiFi calling on my cell phone used to work for us and now it only works at the dorms (about 15% of the APs). Neither I nor consultants can figure out why as it may be some difference in the aerohive policy or in a firewall policy. I suspect firewall, but we have been intentional about keeping them as similiar as possible.)

Thanks for your help,

David

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

In classic you can clone the network policy, but NG doesn't let you yet. The SSIDs can be reapplied to multiple places though, so it's easy enough to build one policy to match another.

GTM-P2G8KFN