cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

What's an easy way to check if there is a new firmware update for my AP130's through HiveManager? Also, is there a way to update it and schedule a time for it to update through HiveManager? Completely new to Hive, sorry for stupid questions

What's an easy way to check if there is a new firmware update for my AP130's through HiveManager? Also, is there a way to update it and schedule a time for it to update through HiveManager? Completely new to Hive, sorry for stupid questions

nmercurio
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You would want to go to Monitor> Check the box next to the AP> Update Devices> and then you can check the box next to "Upgrade HiveOS and Aerohive Switch Images" to see if a newer version is listed as the Golden version. In this same window you can also schedule the update to go out at a specific date and time. This screen shot should show you all of the above:

3961d78314654f9986fc4174abe603c7_0690c000006FIhLAAW.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't believe we send out announcements about new HiveOS versions, but you can always check for the current recommendation on the following page, we update this chart when new versions come out- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/question/0D50c00005jmpq9CAA/aerohive-hiveos-access-point-matrix

nmercurio
New Contributor

Last question for you, @Sam Pirokā€‹ . Do I get any notification of a new firmware version? Or should I just be periodically checking?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Happy to help! As for rebooting the APs, they shouldn't need to reboot after any length of time just for the sake of rebooting. The logs that fill up will overwrite themselves, and the APs will continue to pass traffic. If you get up to 100+ days without a reboot, it might be a good idea to do one just to make sure everything is up to date, but otherwise you shouldn't need to reboot them unless you are pushing out a complete configuration or a HiveOS update.

nmercurio
New Contributor

Thanks @Sam Pirokā€‹ for the clear and concise answer. Do you recommend rebooting the APs after a certain uptime? For example, I have some with 20+ days uptime, should I reboot them once they hit 30?

GTM-P2G8KFN