Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how-to aggregation from CLI

how-to aggregation from CLI

mihai_balaci
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

I own an AP 230. I'm not able to config the agg0 for eth0 and eth1 from the CLI. can yoy please help me here?

for example:

interface eth0 bind agg0 bind agg0

^-- unknown keyword or invalid input

is not ding anything.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

mihai_balaci
New Contributor II

+1 for the CLI. I'll try this asap and tell you how it goes.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I'm a big CLI fan. There are two commands you can do to reset it from there. A simple reset config will suffice in almost all circumstances. If you do any bootstrap saving, you can also do a reset config bootstrap. This will reset bootstrap settings back to default as well. The bootstrap is used if you want some config to persist thru the typical reset config (say you always want the AP to have a specific static IP, even if you reset it frequently, you could configure a mgt0 IP and save that to bootstrap and it would persist through a reset config command).

I'll put 8.4r5 on my AP here and try as well.

mihai_balaci
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm on 8.4r5. I will reset it again and start reconfiguring.

I wanted to ask if there is a way to fully reset to defaults. Everytime I did it I still see some old wifi profile definitions and configs.

Thanks for helping.

Mihai

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I do not believe so. I did those two commands on a factory reset AP as well as an AP with a basic configuration on it. And the only time it error'd out was when I manually added the int eth0 native-vlan 0 command to the CLI prior to trying to agg the interfaces together.

What HiveOS are you running? I wonder if that has something to do with it...

You might also just run this command: no int eth0 native-vlan

mihai_balaci
New Contributor II

Both my interfaces are in backhaul mode. might be this the issue?

GTM-P2G8KFN