cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to raise the minimum basic data rate of a 2,4 and 5 GHz wifi access network via the hivemanager?

How to raise the minimum basic data rate of a 2,4 and 5 GHz wifi access network via the hivemanager?

andreas_brueck
New Contributor

Hello everybody,

i want to raise the  minimum basic data rate of our 2,4 (to 18 Mbit/s) and 5 GHz (to 24 Mbit/s ) wifi access network. But i do not know, where i can configure it. If i check the radio profile i didn't find anything about basic data rates. Could anyone help me please?

We are using the on-premises Hivemanager NG (build version 12.8.1.2-NGVAMAY18 ) and a lot of AP230 (HiveOS 8.3r4 Mayberry build-195604 ).

Thank you in advance.

Regard,

Andreas Brück

5 REPLIES 5

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Andreas,

You'll do this at the SSID level, not the radio profile. As you have the flexibility to adjust these MBRs per SSID vs. globally like some vendors limit you to. If you expand the SSID and go down to the bottom and choose Customize out to the right of "Optional Settings", you'll be presented a pop-up. The top left section labeled Radios and Rates you can expand the rates on a per technology basis. You'll want to only adjust the 802.11b/g and 802.11a data rates as it is ill advised to adjust any MCS rates needed for 802.11n/ac/ax.

HTH

Brian

GTM-P2G8KFN