cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read spectrum analysis?

How to read spectrum analysis?

patkszen
New Contributor

I was testing spectrum anylizer on a AP130. I've noticed the below, it would happen on regular basis, I'm not sure if there's a pattern in terms of time intervals. Would it be caused by AP's themselves, scanning for channels for example? I'm not quire sure how to interpret it28ad03cbba874062b63943bddbf0122b_0690c000007T8h3AAC.png

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It could be another AP, do you have the APs powers set to static or auto? It will pick up any 802.11 device within radio range.

patkszen
New Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply. It seem a good read, I will dive in.

Would the increase in radio power near by be introduced by another AP within the hive or any 2.4/5Ghz capable device ?​

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That wouldn't be caused by the APs themselves, that is the AP detecting an increase in radio power near by. It does update per sweep that the AP does, so it is also representing time intervals, with the newest data showing at the bottom of the graph (for the lower graphs). This page goes in to detail about what goes in to these outputs and how to interpret them: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/8.2r2/hm/full/Content/config/devices/util.htm?Highlight=Spectrum%20analysis

GTM-P2G8KFN