cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the External Radius Server object from HM ?

How to remove the External Radius Server object from HM ?

prashan
New Contributor III

I tried to remove external radius server object from HM. But when i try to remove the object, it will give following error . "The External RADIUS Server cannot be removed because it is used by another object (RADIUS Client Object Entry). Please disassociate references from other configuration items before removing the item."

I don't find any RADIUS Client Object Entry in HM

Can any expert help me out here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If all of your APs are showing a green check mark next to the host name on the Monitor page, then you'll just want to click on that green check mark, which will open the audit view. You'll want to go to the Complete tab in the audit view, and check the output shown there to see what Radius object it has in use. We'll only need this from one AP per network policy you have deployed, again as long as all APs are fully updated currently. If they are not fully updated, we'll want to push a complete configuration, and then try to delete the Radius object again. If you're unable to push a complete configuration, we'd have to SSH in to each AP and run the commands "console page 0" and "show run", and then check that output for the Radius server in use.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Deleting the AP, so the configuration is not active on the AP worked, thanks for your help!

prashan
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

Can you guide me how to check the Radius object in current configuration ?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks very much for that, that's exactly what I was looking for. Last thing to check, if you could make sure all APs are fully updated in the HiveManager to make sure none of the current running configurations are using that object. If we can get a screen shot of the APs all being fully updated that would be best. If we can confirm none of the APs are using configuration with that object, we'll need to open a support case to troubleshoot further for you, and I'll send you instructions on that if we get there.

prashan
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

Please do find the output as follow

758d043cc33a4224b84f2c12e0edd535_0690c000006FzeoAAC.png

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you go to Configure> Common Objects> Under the "Authentication" section on the left hand side menu, choose "External RADIUS Servers", then find the object you are trying to delete and see what the "Used by" column tells us here?

GTM-P2G8KFN