cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the External Radius Server object from HM ?

How to remove the External Radius Server object from HM ?

prashan
New Contributor III

I tried to remove external radius server object from HM. But when i try to remove the object, it will give following error . "The External RADIUS Server cannot be removed because it is used by another object (RADIUS Client Object Entry). Please disassociate references from other configuration items before removing the item."

I don't find any RADIUS Client Object Entry in HM

Can any expert help me out here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If all of your APs are showing a green check mark next to the host name on the Monitor page, then you'll just want to click on that green check mark, which will open the audit view. You'll want to go to the Complete tab in the audit view, and check the output shown there to see what Radius object it has in use. We'll only need this from one AP per network policy you have deployed, again as long as all APs are fully updated currently. If they are not fully updated, we'll want to push a complete configuration, and then try to delete the Radius object again. If you're unable to push a complete configuration, we'd have to SSH in to each AP and run the commands "console page 0" and "show run", and then check that output for the Radius server in use.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

prashan
New Contributor III

Hi @Sam Pirok​ I'm getting following error when I try to open a case

13bc4d501f194bda9e184cd4ff370ac5_0690c000006G2LLAA0.png

prashan
New Contributor III

Ok Sam, I will open the tac case for this

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know, at this point we're going to need a case for more in depth troubleshooting. Would you be able to open a technical support case for this issue and link this conversation so the technician can see what we've discussed so far?

prashan
New Contributor III

Thank you @Sam Pirok​.

Still I cannot delete server object.

Please do find the output for External Radius Server object.

Note - "sdsd" is external radius server object

ENG-AERO-AP01#show run |

exclude  exclude input

include  include input

ENG-AERO-AP01#show run | include sdsd

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If all of your APs are showing a green check mark next to the host name on the Monitor page, then you'll just want to click on that green check mark, which will open the audit view. You'll want to go to the Complete tab in the audit view, and check the output shown there to see what Radius object it has in use. We'll only need this from one AP per network policy you have deployed, again as long as all APs are fully updated currently. If they are not fully updated, we'll want to push a complete configuration, and then try to delete the Radius object again. If you're unable to push a complete configuration, we'd have to SSH in to each AP and run the commands "console page 0" and "show run", and then check that output for the Radius server in use.

GTM-P2G8KFN