cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the External Radius Server object from HM ?

How to remove the External Radius Server object from HM ?

prashan
New Contributor III

I tried to remove external radius server object from HM. But when i try to remove the object, it will give following error . "The External RADIUS Server cannot be removed because it is used by another object (RADIUS Client Object Entry). Please disassociate references from other configuration items before removing the item."

I don't find any RADIUS Client Object Entry in HM

Can any expert help me out here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If all of your APs are showing a green check mark next to the host name on the Monitor page, then you'll just want to click on that green check mark, which will open the audit view. You'll want to go to the Complete tab in the audit view, and check the output shown there to see what Radius object it has in use. We'll only need this from one AP per network policy you have deployed, again as long as all APs are fully updated currently. If they are not fully updated, we'll want to push a complete configuration, and then try to delete the Radius object again. If you're unable to push a complete configuration, we'd have to SSH in to each AP and run the commands "console page 0" and "show run", and then check that output for the Radius server in use.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

nlowe
New Contributor III

Hi Armin,

It is difficult to know what is happening your VHM via the Community.

Are you able to raise a support case with us via your point of support so that this can be investigated?

Regards,

Nick

wies_hays
New Contributor III
Hi Nick,

thank you for your hint.

The server objects under CONFIGURE/COMMON OBJECTS/AUTHENTICATION/External RADIUS Servers is actually what I'm trying to delete.

I deleted all APs (of course they re-appear on the console, but have no policy assigned), I even deleted my VGVA.
I even _deleted all my network policies_....

Still I was not able to delete any External RADIUS Servers.

Next I deleted _everything_ under "COMMON" OBJECTS".
In the end, only the Host Name of what the Externel RADIUS Servers are pointing to was left.

After changing the "IP/Host Name" in my External RADIUS Server objects to the IP of one of the OpenDNS caches was abel able to delete even that.

Now I have a configuration that has no other objects than the default ones... and I am still not able to delete these External RADIUS Server obejcts....!

Please advise on this.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Armin

nlowe
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I took a quick look. You should be able to delete this from Configure > Common Objects.

Please can you try this and let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

michael_bernard
New Contributor

Have you tried deleting the APs that were used in creation of the RADIUS Proxies from the HiveManager and see if that will allow you to then delete those objects?

wies_hays
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I'm not able to remove my previously configured "External RADIUS Servers" from my config.

I removed everything from the configuration and I'm absolutely sure there's no reference left (at least nothing which could be see on the web user interface)...

Is there a software bug in "12.8.2.2-NGVASEP18"?

Is there a way to get around it and remove these configuration leftovers?

I could open a support case via my distributor, but if this is a known problem it would be ok for me to just hear about it. I would revert to a previous snapshot of VM, as the system is not productive.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Armin

GTM-P2G8KFN