cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the External Radius Server object from HM ?

How to remove the External Radius Server object from HM ?

prashan
New Contributor III

I tried to remove external radius server object from HM. But when i try to remove the object, it will give following error . "The External RADIUS Server cannot be removed because it is used by another object (RADIUS Client Object Entry). Please disassociate references from other configuration items before removing the item."

I don't find any RADIUS Client Object Entry in HM

Can any expert help me out here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If all of your APs are showing a green check mark next to the host name on the Monitor page, then you'll just want to click on that green check mark, which will open the audit view. You'll want to go to the Complete tab in the audit view, and check the output shown there to see what Radius object it has in use. We'll only need this from one AP per network policy you have deployed, again as long as all APs are fully updated currently. If they are not fully updated, we'll want to push a complete configuration, and then try to delete the Radius object again. If you're unable to push a complete configuration, we'd have to SSH in to each AP and run the commands "console page 0" and "show run", and then check that output for the Radius server in use.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

i'll contact the distributor.

But since this seems to be a more common bug, a public solution (or fix in the following update) would also be great.

Regards,

Jeroen

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know @Jeroen Bakker​ . Based on your support level it looks like you would want to contact your Aerohive Distributor for support, and they would open a case on your behalf if needed. If you're unsure who to contact, I can email you directly with some contact information, just let me know.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Same problems here:

• Object cannot be deleted (no "used by" objects)
  • No access to create a case.

Regards, Jeroen

prashan
New Contributor III

Thank you Sam

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the screen shot, I've emailed you with some details about how we'll need to open this case and why we can't do it via Hive Community. Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

GTM-P2G8KFN