cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am confused about the Enable Multicast Drop function. The documentation says to check a box next to the item you want blocked versus the screen says to check what you want to exclude. Which is it? Thanks

I am confused about the Enable Multicast Drop function. The documentation says to check a box next to the item you want blocked versus the screen says to check what you want to exclude. Which is it? Thanks

Tom10
New Contributor
8 REPLIES 8

Tom10
New Contributor
I’m talking about the subcategories in the choice list under the master on/off. I have (what I think is) enabled the mDNS filtering, but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything no matter if it’s checked or not.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you, that setting in HiveManager will turn Multicast dropping on. Could you share the link to the document you are referencing so I can get that corrected for you?

Tom10
New Contributor
HIveManager, Sam.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you share the link to the document you're following so I can make sure it is accurate or that it gets updated? And could you confirm you are using HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com)? I just want to make sure I give you the right answer, and some settings do differ between HiveManager and Classic (myhive.aerohive.com).

GTM-P2G8KFN