cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I have 2 Ap122 connected directly to a Comcast wireless modem router. I am getting extreme slow speeds no more than 15mbs, however the comcast wifi is 400mbs. I switched off the comcast wifi radio and still get 15-20mbs. Service is 1 gig.

I have 2 Ap122 connected directly to a Comcast wireless modem router. I am getting extreme slow speeds no more than 15mbs, however the comcast wifi is 400mbs. I switched off the comcast wifi radio and still get 15-20mbs. Service is 1 gig.

David7
New Contributor
9 REPLIES 9

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hey David,

You could take advantage of our radios profiles found under "Configure" and "Common Objects" to adjust from a 20MHz to 80MHz channel for your 5GHz radio. 2.4GHz is often tough to improve because of a limited number of channels, but ensure that the AP is properly located. Also ensure that the AP is properly powered with 802.2af PoE.

David7
New Contributor

any recommendations?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hey David,

You config is basic and isn't causing any issues. The 2.4GHz radio is consuming a significant amount of airtime which I'd assume the client device is dealing with as well. That should cause both AP and client to dynamically rate switch to lower more stable data rates leading to a decrease in in throughput.

2.4GHz Radio.

Rx airtime=12.99 s; Tx airtime=810.22 s; CRC error airtime=1557.36 s;

The 5GHz radio is using a 20MHz channel wide on 161, but is among several other APs using an 80MHz channel width, so when comparing the two you will certainly see a difference in overall throughput.

From the CLI of the AP you can run #show station to see all clients currently connected as well as the TX/RX data rates they're using to confirm.

David7
New Contributor

Did you look at the file

GTM-P2G8KFN