cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have one AP that is showing up as "unmanaged". How do I change it over to "Managed"? I have tried configuring/updating it.

I have one AP that is showing up as "unmanaged". How do I change it over to "Managed"? I have tried configuring/updating it.

ashley_jernigan
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unmanaged in Classic means that those APs have never connected to this HiveManager before. Once they connect they will be under Managed devices, even if they disconnect from the HiveManager after that. If you remove them from the device inventory and add them back in, then they will be in Unmanaged again until they connect for the first time after being added in to the inventory. You would want to run the command BJ suggested to see why the AP won't connect for you. You can also use this guide to troubleshoot CAPWAP issues- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-HiveManager-Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unmanaged in Classic means that those APs have never connected to this HiveManager before. Once they connect they will be under Managed devices, even if they disconnect from the HiveManager after that. If you remove them from the device inventory and add them back in, then they will be in Unmanaged again until they connect for the first time after being added in to the inventory. You would want to run the command BJ suggested to see why the AP won't connect for you. You can also use this guide to troubleshoot CAPWAP issues- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-HiveManager-Classic

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Ah, you are running HiveManager "Classic." Are you running it on-prem or in the cloud? It sounds like your AP has lost capwap connectivity. If you can ssh into the AP, run the command...

show capwap client ...and post the results.

ashley_jernigan
New Contributor

Thank you! Maybe I'm doing something wrong...honestly, I'm very new to all this! But I don't see anything that says "Actions"? I am in the monitor tab, and there are two tabs, one that says Managed Devices and one that says Unmanaged Devices. The AP in question shows under Unmanaged, and if I select that one, there are 3 choices at the top--Modify, Refresh, and Device Inventory. ??

Also, under connection status, it shows a little gray cloud and says it is disconnected from AeroHive Cloud?

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

In the "Monitor" tab, select the AP and under "Actions," click "Change Management Status" and select "Manage Devices."

GTM-P2G8KFN