cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have received a batch of new AP305C's that seem to be working except for the LED is flashing White slowly. The hardware manual for the AP's say that it should stay on. They show on Extreme IQ as working and no events. Any suggestions?

I have received a batch of new AP305C's that seem to be working except for the LED is flashing White slowly. The hardware manual for the AP's say that it should stay on. They show on Extreme IQ as working and no events. Any suggestions?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
13 REPLIES 13

rhough
New Contributor

That's right.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. Just to clarify, all three AP305C's had the same behavior with the slowly blinking white LED?

rhough
New Contributor

I have tried it on an HP branded 2920, an Aruba branded 2920 and an Aruba 2530 switch which all support POE+ 802.3af and up to 30W per port. I have tried 3 different AP305c's.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The AP305C needs 802.3af power (15.4W) to function normally, according to it's datasheet: https://cloud.kapostcontent.net/pub/c3de16b9-58a8-430d-87c7-1e26b6ceebe0/ap-305c

Could we try a different port, preferably the port of an AP that is currently working, to see if it's an issue with the port not giving enough power or the AP not drawing enough power?

rhough
New Contributor

The AP is connected to an aruba/hp 2920 POE+ switch and the specs show it support both at and af. The switch shows the AP drawing 5.2W and the port to be PLC Class/Type: 4/2.

GTM-P2G8KFN