cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to configure my ATOM AP30 to client mode, but can not succeed, I followed with the step provided in docs.aerohive.com.

I want to configure my ATOM AP30 to client mode, but can not succeed, I followed with the step provided in docs.aerohive.com.

New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know, and for that screen shot. When we switch the ATOM to client mode, we are essentially asking it to perform as a client device rather than an access point, so it can connect as a client to the existing SSIDs. In this case, it would be expected for the AP to lock to client and mesh link mode. As for the eth0 port not functioning when in client mode, that is not expected behavior. You may need to open a case for that issue, the eth0 port should allow hardwired connections when the ATOM is in client mode.

New Contributor

Thanks, I have solved it, i used to connect the client mode ap by wired interface, today i try to connect it through wifi, and then i can visit the web UI and choose the ssid to connect.

I have question to check. When the ATOM AP30 work as client mode, the eht0 port cannot be used as a connected port to provide for a client to visit the internet, I have tried to configure the port as a uplink mode or access mode, both of them not.

New Contributor

Link is here: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-aerohive-ap-client-mode.htm?Highlight=mesh

When I choose the client mode int wifi0, the choice in the wifi1 only client access, the other choice can not click, also the wired interface disappear.

I followed Configure Client Mode APs Using Wired Template Provisioning,but not success.

The images are as follows.8384e97696984222a9fe8f3959303c6b_0690c000007rvR7AAI.png微信截图_20190318214437

Also, i want to know if there are any difference to configure the wired interface as a uplink port or access port when i configure ap as client mode. I have tried to configure this two type ports, but none of them can let me visit the web UI of the client mode AP

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you link to the document you are following so I can be sure to reference the same one? Also, could you elaborate on what happens when you attempt to set the ATOM to client mode?

GTM-P2G8KFN